Intro to Art Money
We partner with Art Money to make art more accessible.
1. 10 payments. 10 months.
2. Enjoy now, pay over time.
3. Available for artwork $1,000 to $100,000
How It Works
- First, Apply
- Create your Art Money account online
- Apply in five minutes, get approved in real-time
- Get started
2. Then, Art Money it
- Find a work you love online or in person
- 10 payments: Confirm the purchase with the gallery and split your payment into 10 payments so you spread the cost of your purchase over time.
- Create a purchase through your Art Money account and the artwork is yours to take home!
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What does the application process look like?
- Apply: Applications are made online and only take a few minutes. Most people are approved in real time (a matter of seconds). Should your application be referred for any reason we will be in touch promptly. You will be asked to provide some standard financial information at this point.
- Choose: When you are ready to buy a specific artwork, log in (or stay logged in), select the gallery you are purchasing from and the purchase amount. This will take another minute. You will also select your preferred payment method (bank account or credit/debit card) at this point.
- Buy: Once the gallery has confirmed the price and received your deposit, you may take the work home.
2. Are there any set up charges or ongoing fees?
There are no setup charges, account fees or ongoing fees to use Art Money.
3. Am I eligible for Art Money Credit?
To be eligible for Art Money Credit, you will need to:
- Be an individual applying in your own name
- Art Money is available to clients from the US, UK, Australia, and New Zealand
- You must be of minimum signing age in your State or Country of residence
- Have an income of at least $30,000 p.a. from all sources, including investments
- Provide your Social Security Number (last 4 digits)
- Provide current Photo ID (eg U.S. passport, driver’s license or other Photo ID)
- Have a clear credit history (no dishonors, defaults, court judgements or bankruptcies within the last 5 years and not be an undischarged bankrupt)
- Have a nominated bank account or credit/debit card for repayments.
Art Money is not available at this time for companies, partnerships, trusts, corporations or institutions.
4. What is My credit limit?
Art Money provides its service for artworks from $1,000 to $100,000.
Art Money is a responsible credit provider so exactly how much you are able to borrow will depend on a number of factors that we assess including your income, credit history and your ability to repay. The maximum outstanding balance you can have with Art Money at any one time is $100,000, higher limits considered on request. This may be spread across multiple purchases.
5. How many repayments will I need to make?
Payment is spread over 10 monthly installments. Your first payment is the deposit paid directly to the gallery.
For other questions that you don’t see here, please visit Art Money’s FAQ page at https://www.artmoney.com/us/faqs